If you have the luxury of being able to spend a minimum of 9 nights in Egypt, this is your perfect itinerary. You will visit all the important, “must see” and most interesting monuments in Egypt.
This package is available to couples, families etc. and bookable for all dates throughout the year.
This package is also bookable for individual solo travelers. However, our group trips (4 scheduled for 2020) may be better suited and cheaper for solo travelers. See our Mara House Group Tours info and dates here.
The thing that drains the energy out of me when visiting a new place, especially if I don’t speak the language, is searching the net for info and THEN, trying to decide what is the easiest and fastest way to get from one place to another cheaply. Oh, and in comfort would be nice! I have been to New York about 10 times now and every time I found myself thinking “I wish there was a Mara here to take me around the best places to see. There is just so much advice and data on the internet that it becomes overwhelming”
Trust Mara to Give you the Best Holiday in Egypt
This is the itinerary I would give to my best friends and family. But the itinerary is only half the job, when trying to have the best Egyptian Holiday. So, what do we do on this 9 night trip to enhance your experience?
- We give you the space and time to visit the ancient, sacred places in peace.
- We organise the transport, the ticket buying, permits where needed and great guides.
- We protect you as much from the normal hassle tourists experience here.
- We provide you with nice places to stay, comfortable transport, good food and a relaxed atmosphere.
- We will meet you at the airport when you arrive and see you back there safely at the end of your trip.
You want to know if we deliver on all that? Please take the time to read the reviews of our guests at the end of this page.
Egypt Holidays 9 nights
CAIRO – Transfer from the airport on arrival, 2 nights hotel accommodation, 2 breakfasts, 2 full days tours in Cairo and transfer from hotel to airport on departure. You will experience Pharaonic, Medieval and 19th century Egypt.
You will visit the Giza Plateau; go inside the Great Pyramid and step into the Kings Chamber; see the only solar boat on display in Egypt; take a camel ride at the Pyramids.
In the Antiquities Museum at Tahrir Sq. you will marvel at the quantity and quality of the collections, visit the Treasure Room of Tutankhamun and the Room of Mummies.
Your days will be full and interesting – I promise you that my guides will NOT be taking you to spend half days in perfume “palaces” and papyrus “museums” – they are simply shops. You will get time to explore the biggest market in the world, which is Khan El Khalili, if you want as Medieval Cairo is in the same area. Your guides will show you where to find anything you want but we don’t partake in the commission system. My prices are up front and there are no hidden extra expenses.
- Karnak Temple
- Luxor Temple
- Temples at Abydos and Dendera which are the best in Egypt
- 3 tombs in the Valley of the Kings (+ 3 extra tombs which are special and only open for a short time probably)
- 3 tombs in Nobles Tombs
- Temple of Medinet Habu,
- Hatshepsut Temple at Deir El Bahri
- Colossi of Memnon
- Workers Village and 2 tombs at Deir El Medina
Enjoy the famous SALAHADEEN FEAST at Mara House which we now serve ONLY to in-house guests.
NILE CRUISE – 4 nights Full Board, incl tours to the famous temples on the Nile.
- Temple of Horus at Edfu
- Temple of Kom Ombo
- Temple of Isis on Philae Island. Isis, goddess of love.
ABU SIMBEL – is an optional extra overland trip we can do with you.
The itinerary is a busy, yet extremely comfortable itinerary, taking you through the highlights of Egypt in 10 days. My reasoning for this is
- You may only come to Egypt once – there is a big world out there to see.
- You should see the best first
- Contrary to what you might think – the heat is not a big issue when your movements are properly planned and air-con is everywhere. You can do this itinerary any time of the year. Comfort is important and you are on holiday.
- Age and health status is not an issue – from baby to 70+ we are here to assist in every way.
The 9 night package is popular as it fits nicely into the amount of time many visitors are limited to. However, there are several other monuments in Egypt we can take you to, if you have extra time and interest.
PLEASE NOTE: You do not have to take the package to do these tours. Many visitors to Egypt would like to use their hotel points. If this applies to you, but you have heard how great our tours and guides are, we are happy to have you on the tours and you can stay in your own preferred hotel.
9 Night Package Available Dates for 2020
First date is your arrival date into Cairo – no tours. Second date is check out date in Aswan.
- Feb 3 – Feb 12
- Feb 10 – Feb 19
- Feb 17 – Feb 26
- Feb 24 – Mar 4
- Mar 2 – Mar 11
- Mar 9 – Mar 18
- Mar 16 – Mar 25
- Mar 23 – Apr 1
- Mar 30 – Apr 8
- Apr 6 – Apr 15
- Apr 13 – Apr 22
- Apr 20 – Apr 29
- Apr 27 – May 6
- May 4 – May 13
- May 25 – June 3
- June 1 – June 10
- June 8 – June 17
- June 15 – June 24
- June 22 – July 1
- June 29 – July 8
- July 6 – July 15
- July 13 – July 22
- July 20 – July 29
- July 27 – Aug 5
- Aug 3 – Aug 12
- Aug 10 -Aug 19
- Aug 17 – Aug 26
- Aug 24 – Sept 2
- Aug 31 – Sept 9
- Sept 14 – Sept 23
- Sept 21 – Sept 30
- Oct 12 – Oct 21
- Oct 19 – Oct 28
- Oct 26 – Nov 4
- Nov 9 – Nov 18
- Nov 16 – Nov 25
- Nov 23 – Dec 2
- Nov 30 – Dec 9
- if you want the 9 nights package for dates between 7 Dec and 11 Jan 2021 please contact Mara
For all above booking dates please contact Mara
Most Common Questions Asked About Egypt
- Do I have to tip in Egypt and how much?
- What currency should I take to Egypt?
- What should I wear in Egypt?
- What to do if I catch Egyptian Tummy Bug?
- Is it safe to go to Egypt? 19 things NOT to do & 14 things to do to be safe.
Latest posts by Mara (see all)
- Latest Measures in the fight against COVID-19 in Egypt. - 23/03/2020
- Community Life Winding Down in Egypt - 21/03/2020
- “It’s Like Riding a Bicycle” – Not! - 20/03/2020