You want to extend your stay in Egypt than your original visa allows?

In Luxor go to the Passport Office in Khalid Ibn Walid St. opposite the Sonesta St. George Hotel.

In Cairo  go to the Mogamma Building in Tahrir Sq.

You will need:

  1. 2 passport photos,
  2. 2 copies of your Passport page with photo on it and of the page with your Entry Visa +  Entry Stamp on it,
  3. passport

Normally you can apply for an extension for 1 year and repeat as you want.

You can go and come during that year as many times as you like but before you leave you should go to the Passport Office to have it stamped with and exit/re-entry visa….otherwise it is no good and you will have to buy another visa on re-entry.   If you go at 10am you should have your visa within an hour…later and you may have to come back the following day.  You are not allowed to work on this visa, you must apply for a special Work Permit.  You can get the re-entry visa valid for 6 months only and you choose between one re-entry or multiple re-entry.

Take a few photocopies of your passport with you to Egypt. This will save you time in many places such as hotel check-in desks, banks if you use your passport to withdraw money from credit cards, etc. etc. and not all places have copy machines.


Hi, I'm from Ireland and I built Mara House, a small, family run, unique boutique hotel in Luxor in 2003.....My promise is to deliver quality service, traditional food, comfort, enjoyable experiences, up-front pricing, no hidden extras.....PLUS I answer all your emails personally..... I provide professional, qualified tour guides who do NOT divert you to shops, restaurants etc. for commission.....We are best suited to people who like to be taken care of from airport entry to airport departure, people who want to avoid hassle, scams and tourist traps.....You deal directly with me... Hope you find my travel info helpful -//.. Mara

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *