Come and explore Egypt with me. Let me tell you about the Egypt that has an un-explainable hold on me. It doesn’t quite fit into any category that I can find. While my Egyptologists will also be on the tour every day with us, the focus will be on my stories of ancient Egypt, the god of wisdom and keeper of the records – Thoth, the goddess of love – Isis and Hathor the goddess of music and motherhood, Sekhmet the goddess of destruction and healing.
Places, buildings and objects mean nothing to me without the stories behind their builders, owners or users. Finding the human stories behind the monuments has always driven me and those are the stories I will be sharing with you. I would like to give you the stories of the monuments and a feel for the people who lived in and used them. Then, hopefully, when you walk in these places you will have a better feel for them. Hopefully also my personal tour will give you a timeline of stories about people and places that make sense. If I succeed you will be forever hooked on Egypt – as I am.
We will visit Abydos and Dendera which are the best temples in all of Egypt and my favourites. Our interest there will be on Pharaoh Sety I and the amazing English woman Oom Seti.
We will explore the ancient connections between Ireland and Egypt, the Knights Templar, the Holy Grail, Saladin, the crusades and too much more to detail here.
I also want to give you a feel for modern Egypt. I want you to meet it’s people and get an up close experience of it’s culture and traditions. If I succeed you will go home, most likely with completely different views on Egypt than those you bring with you.
The cost of these trips do not reflect the value of the experience you will have touring Egypt with me. If Egypt is your dream trip or on your “bucket list” I advise early booking as the number of places on each trip is limited to 15 – 16. Ask for full details
All the trips and packages I offer are based on my own personal experience – not because I believe I know what is best for everyone else, but because I do believe everyone deserves a quality and hassle free holiday. So, while I don’t personally know you, I do presume you would like a trip where
- you know the full cost of what you are buying
- that has no hidden extras
- gives you a real feel for the country and customs
- helps you avoid the tourist traps.
- is hassle free
- eliminates the need for decision making on subjects you have little or no knowledge what your choices may entail.
and those priorities are what my initial planning is based on. After that I choose the best sites but leave other options open to your personal preferences, provide great guides I can trust and leave you some relaxation time on top of that.
OVERVIEW of Group Trip
- Cairo – sites include Giza Plateau, Gt. Pyramid, Solar Boat, Gayer Anderson House, Ibn Tulun Mosque, Antiquities Museum at Tahrir Sq., Tutankhamun’s Treasures, Mummy Room at Museum, Medieval Cairo, Khan El Khalili, Islamic and Coptic Cairo etc.
- Luxor – sites include West Bank, Valley of the Kings, Hatshepsut Temple, Nobles Tombs, Workers Village and Tombs, Colossi of Memnon, Abydos Temple, Dendera Temple, Luxor and Karnak Temples.
- 7 nights Nile Cruise – sites include Edfu, Kom Ombo, Philae, Nubian Village etc
- The above is a brief summary of places included in trip package – please contact me for full itinerary, details and pricing
If you are interested in seeing Egypt with me personally then please try to come on one of the following trips as I am doubtful I will be doing many, if any in 2020.
- 2019 Feb 10 – 23 (6 places available)
- 2019 April 7 – 20 (FULL)
- 2019 May 19 – June 1 (8 places available)
- 2019 Nov 10 – 23 (8 places available)