Last night after Abydos and Dendera we checked into our Cruise Boat on the Nile. We had an early start this morning – lots to see! Apologies that the blogs are not that exciting – the fact is all we do is sleep, wake, eat, see the tombs, temples and monuments, eat, laugh, chat and back to sleep – but tomorrow night we will all be dressing up in Egyptian clothes for our gallabeya party. Our days are full but I believe everyone is happy with that.
Valley of the Kings:
A new development and one to be taken advantage of asap because this will surely not last long- you can now buy a ticket that allows you to photography INSIDE the tombs in the Valley of the Kings. And so here are just a few of mine.
The female ruler who dressed as a man and ruled for 20 years. More on that later. Right now I am just recording the bare bones of our trip. Later I will be coming back and fleshing them out a bit more, probably change some photos around and tell the stories of the places we are visiting. Why am I showing you a photo of buses? Because I am so happy to see them. There was a time we complained because of all the tourists in the sites. Now they signify our rising tourist industry and that is something to be extremely happy about – for us. Maybe not for the tourists in the coming years who will no longer have the sites to themselves.
Temple of Medinet Habu:
Temple of Rameses III – come back to hear the story of his son – now famous as the “screaming mummy”, and how the Pharaoh knew how much to pay his soldiers after a battle – a bit gruesome but I’m going to leave you guessing now because time is short and sleep is calling me.
A lovely lunch back on the boat and an hour to catch our breath afterwards.
Tombs of the Nobles:
Colossi of Memnon
Gotta go – will try to add more later.
Diary of a Group Tour with Mara House Luxor.
- Arrive in Cairo (Egypt Group Tour – Day 1)
- Giza Plateau & Egyptian Museum (Egypt Group Tour – Day 2)
- Karnak & Luxor Temples (Egypt Group Tour – Day 3)
- Abydos & Dendera Temples (Egypt Group Tour – Day 4)
- Luxor’s West Bank 5 monuments (Egypt Group Tour – Day 5)
- Temples of Edfu & Kom Ombo from Nile Cruise Boat (Egypt Group Tour – Day 6)
- Abu Simbel, Nubian Village, Philae (Egypt Group Tour – Day 7)
- Saqqara Temple (Egypt Group Tour – Day 8)
- Citadel, Islamic Cairo, Coptic Cairo, Gayer Anderson House (Egypt Group Tour – Day 9)
- Cave Church, Garbage City, Islamic Museum of Art (Egypt Group Tour – Day 10)
- Abdeen Palace, Medieval Cairo (Egypt Group Tour – Day 11)
- Latest Measures in the fight against COVID-19 in Egypt. - 23/03/2020
- Community Life Winding Down in Egypt - 21/03/2020
- “It’s Like Riding a Bicycle” – Not! - 20/03/2020