Our Nile Cruise embarks in Luxor on Saturdays or Thursdays – depending on availability.
- Saturday – embarkation after breakfast time – tour to Karnak and Luxor Temples if you arrive before mid-day
- Sunday – we cross to the West Bank of the Nile to the Necropolis of Thebes. Here we visit 3 tombs in the Valley of the Kings, the Temple of Hatshepsut, 3 tombs in the Valley of the Nobles, the Temple of Ramses III at Medinet Habu and the Colossi of Memnon. As our tour includes several places not included in other itineraries we return to have lunch on the boat and freshen up before returning to the West Bank by motor boat to end our sightseeing there. When the extraordinary tombs of Sety I, Nefertari and Tutankhamun are open you have the option of visiting those tombs at no extra charge other than the cost of their entry tickets.
- Monday – After breakfast we travel by calesh (horse and carriage) to the Temple at Edfu. Then sail towards Aswan stopping in the afternoon to visit the Temple of Kom Ombo. The boat docks tonight in Aswan
- Tuesday – You have the option to travel by motor boat further up the Nile to a Nubian Village. This is a very intersting trip quite apart from having the unique opportunity of visiting with a Nubian family and seeing how they live. In the afternoon our destination is the Temple Isis (Goddess of Love) at Philae Island.
- Wednesday – If you choose you can fly or take a road trip to Abu Simbel (not incl in price). This morning you disembark from the Cruise at Aswan.
- Breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner. Check out my post on Cruise food here.
- Transport and entry tickets to West Bank sites, Karnak & Luxor Temples, Edfu, Kom Ombo and Philae Temples.
- Egyptologist Guide
- Transfer to the Cruise Boat
- Transfer to Aswan Airport on Departure day.
- extra tickets to the 3 special tombs if open
- Tipping, which is expected
To make a booking, discuss price or ask any questions please contact Mara.
Most Common Questions Asked About Egypt
- Do I have to tip in Egypt and how much?
- What currency should I take to Egypt?
- What should I wear in Egypt?
- What to do if I catch Egyptian Tummy Bug?
Latest posts by Mara (see all)
- Latest Measures in the fight against COVID-19 in Egypt. - 23/03/2020
- Community Life Winding Down in Egypt - 21/03/2020
- “It’s Like Riding a Bicycle” – Not! - 20/03/2020