I am normally not a big fan of guided tours myself – the words conjure up a mental image for me of being hurried and herded around in a large group of people like a pack of sheep. It is much more appealing to me to slowly wander around places of interest, guide book in hand; or just looking and soaking up the atmosphere, while going back in history in my imagination. However at the moment, due to the long term lack of many tourists in Egypt – going on organised tours in Luxor is probably the easiest way to see the sites.
If you try to wander around alone you will be constantly annoyed and hassled by both official and unofficial guides and ‘guardians’ offering their service and ‘something special’. And why would anyone waste their time and money going all the way to Egypt then risking having a less than satisfying experience in the magical ancient places?
MARA HOUSE offers TOURS IN LUXOR to the following sites
- Luxor – West Bank – Full day – 6 sites including 2 Temples & 8 Tombs
- Karnak & Luxor Temples – half day
- Temples at Abydos and Dendera – Full Day
- Temples of Edfu, Kom Ombo and Temple of Isis at Philae – This is a full day trip to Aswan
- 2 day excursion from the Port of Safaga to Luxor for Cruise Ship guests
Our guide is Mohammed and he will give you the best information he has – as well as some other information and ideas, which he has gleaned from me with the passage of time that are outside the normal Egyptological realms. He will not take you shopping, make any detours or attempt to take money for any “extras” while guiding you on our tours in Luxor
TOURS IN LUXOR – 2 Day Tour from Safaga to Luxor.
We will pick you up from the exit gate of the Port at Safaga in air-conditioned mini-bus and transfer you to Mara House – stopping off first to visit the temples at Karnak and Luxor. You will enjoy a relaxing night at Mara House and after breakfast the following day – take the full tour of the 6 sites on the West Bank before being transferred back to your cruise ship at Safaga. Please contact Mara for prices.
- Transfer from Safaga to Luxor
- Transfer back to Safaga from Luxor
- Tour to 6 sites on West Bank
- Tour to Karak and Luxor Temples
- Egyptologist Guide
- All Entry Fees
- All Transfers
- One night at Mara House including breakfast on the second day.