Egypt is opening locked doors!
The year 2024 brings exciting new opportunities for visitors to Egypt. That is PRIVATE TIME – PRIVATE VISITS to closed spaces!
Having offered similar experiences to some of my groups in the past and being personally enthralled by exploring these closed spaces, I am thrilled that the authorities are expanding the scope of what we can now show you. We can take you to sites and specific areas within sites that were previously closed or off-limits to visitors. I strongly recommend taking advantage of these opportunities, as I suspect they may not remain available indefinitely.
Book your BASIC 9 NIGHT ITINERARY
2 days tours in Cairo
- Giza Plateau, Great Pyramid, Sphinx, Valley Temple in the morning.
- Please see full details on my Giza page here
- Private time is available inside the Great Pyramid and inside the Sphinx enclosure at an extra cost
- Antiquities Museum at Tahrir Sq after lunch
- Saqqara Complex
- Please see the Saqqara page here for full details of the normal tour and a video of the new discoveries you can visit in private time
- Private visits to the following sites on the Saqqara Plateau may be worked into your itinerary for an extra cost.
- Private visit to the Osiris Well
- Private visit to tomb of Wahty
- Private visit to the burial chamber from the northern entrance
- Private visit to the Serapium, either in the morning or at night.
- West Bank – 5 sites – full details here
- Abydos and Dendera – the first of many of my articles on these temples is here
- Private time option – I recommend private time in the Osirion and Initiation Chamber. I haven’t written on my website about the Osirion as it has been strictly off limits in the last few years. But many years ago I was able to secure access for some of my groups. I am so glad the option of private time there is now possible
- Karnak and Luxor Temple – some information here
3 days tours in Aswan
- Esna, Edfu and Kom Ombo
- Overland to Abu Simbel
LIMITED TIME EARLY BIRD BOOKING OFFERS:
By “Limited Time” we mean that if you are among the first people to book your required dates with us, this is the price
As booking numbers rise, so does the price – so check with me now to see if your chosen dates are available for the early bird price offer.
The early bird booking offer is likely to end by 2 March 2024
- OFFER A: This 8-day tour package (not including hotel accommodation) is currently bookable for only US$1250 per person based on a minimum of two people booking together. A saving of US$200 per person. Normal price US$1450 per person
- OFFER B: This 8-day tour package, including 9 nights of hotel accommodation, is bookable for only US$2150 per person based on two people sharing. A saving of US$200 per person. Normal price US$2350
- OFFER C: NILE CRUISE OPTION: A minimum of two people travelling together and sharing a cabin can substitute 4 hotel nights in Offer B for a four-night Nile cruise (full board) without missing any sightseeing for an additional cost of US$500 per person.
- All three offers are subject to T&C and availability. Limited availability, especially on cruise option
- subject to availability, T & C, E and OE.
- normal prices quoted above are quite likely to rise as changes keep occurring in the Egyptian economy.
- international flights
- flights Cairo to Luxor and Aswan to Cairo
Add Extra Tours in Cairo to your basic 9 nights itinerary :
Extra tours in Cairo are best added at the beginning or end of your trip. For the extra tour days, you would get better value for your money by combining visits to more than one site per day. If planned wisely, it is possible to get more than two sites in on any given day without stress or exhaustion.
- Abdeen Palace
- Islamic Museum
- Coptic Cairo (plus Cave Church and Garbage City if requested)
- Islamic Cairo (Citadel of Saladin and the mosques of Sultans Hassan and Rifaii)
- Manial Palace and Nileometer
- Aisha Fahmy Palace
- City of the Dead and the Tombs of the Mohamed Ali Dynasty
- Civilization Museum
- Alexandria can be an overday from Cairo, or you can choose to spend a night or more there.
Embark on the most captivating and rejuvenating journey of your lifetime through Egypt with Mara House. Rest assured, you won’t have to lift a finger, make a single decision, or even watch the clock—our dedicated and dependable team will handle everything and then some. With a proven track record of seamlessly orchestrating transitions between locations, our expertise of over two decades and level of care is unrivaled. Don’t take my word for it. See what others who took our 9 night package thought below. Your pleasure is our paramount concern. Secure your spot now and experience Egypt like never before. Email me now firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s get started planning your amazing trip to Egypt. Alternatively, think about going on an exclusive group trip with Mara in person; check out the details on our Group Trip page
Visitors can now book Private Time/Visits to Egypt’s monuments
Please be aware when dealing with agents and online booking platforms that what they offer under the heading of “private tours.” is totally different from what we term “private visits” or “private time.” I have written a post to explain the difference “Private Tour in Egypt .v. Private Time or Private Visit”
I am currently offering to coordinate private visits between tourists to cut the cost