GIZA PLATEAU Tour itinerary – Mara House Tours
- Pick up from your hotel in air conditioned transport
- Qualified, experienced Egyptologist guide
- Entry to the Great Pyramid
- NOTE: I include the entry ticket to the Gt. Pyramid in my Giza Plateau Tour. At the moment there is not a problem with the number of tourists allowed in as there was some years ago. I do think the Gt. Pyramid is amazing and you should go inside and on the day of your tour we do everything we can to ensure this. However as tourist numbers are rising again in Egypt I must add this note to say “I cannot guarantee entry” If we fail I will substitute entry to the two smaller pyramids. Entry to the two smaller pyramids is not included in my Giza Plateau Tour as people rarely want to see them if they have been in the Gt. Pyramid.
- Entry to the Solar Boat if open
- Entry to the Valley Temple at the Sphinx
- Entry to the Sphinx Enclosure
- Drive to the Giza “Panorama” and take some optical illusion photos such as this one, of the Pyramids.
- Drop off at your hotel/apt.
- Tipping for guide and driver not incl. in price but is expected. My tipping guide for Egypt.
- Subject to Availability
- Food/drink NOT incl.
If you are unsure as to whether you need a guide in Giza or if you can do it yourself…..this was my experience of the Giza Plateau in October 2012 and (2017) it has not improved since then
My tours in Cairo are designed to give you the maximum enjoyment with the minimum effort and hassle. They include ALL the entry fees to everything on the sites, great guide and air-conditioned transport.
We will not surprise you with ‘optional extras’ at any site.
This tour typically lasts for approximately 3 hours. To make the most of your time, consider combining it with a visit to the Saqqara Pyramid complex and/or the Antiquities Museum at Tahrir Sq. We can make a change if the GEM – Grand Egyptian Museum is open during your visit.
Please contact me to discuss your options