TRIP OF A LIFETIME THROUGH EGYPT WITH MARA
After two decades of diving into the wonders of Egypt, I’ve finally lined up my personal tours for 2024. It took a bit to sort out because of the new private access we are allowed to monuments, which, while exciting and wonderful, comes with a rather high price tag. Also, some people want to relax on a Nile cruise while taking in the sites in Upper Egypt, while others don’t. In addition, getting places on the better cruise boats presents a challenge due to demand, so it’s a bit exclusive. You can see why settling on the itinerary and package prices was challenging.
There are three trip variations, and for the lucky people who find my website in time, I am offering a good early bird discount on each option until 2 March 2024.
Before you check out the itinerary,
- be aware that you have three options, so look carefully at what is included in each trip option.
- there are private visits included in some of my group trips read my post on the difference between the private visits and private tours
LIMITED TIME EARLY BIRD BOOKING OFFERS:
Early bird booking offer available from February 4 until March 2, 2024
GROUP TRIP OPTIONS and PRICES
- Option A: Basic tour, no cruise, and no private visits for US$2,650. Early bird price US$2,450. Arriving 11 May Cairo and ending in Aswan on 22 May
- Option B: Basic tour with cruise, no private visits US$3,150. Early bird price US$2,950. Arriving 11 May Cairo and ending in Aswan on 22 May
- Option C: Basic tour with private visits, no cruise US$3,935. Early bird price US$3,735. Arriving 5 Oct Cairo and ending in Aswan on 16 Oct
- Option D: Basic tour, with private visits, with a cruise US$4,435. Early bird price US$4,235. Arriving 5 Oct Cairo and ending in Aswan on 16 Oct
- Option E: Basic tour, no cruise, and no private visits for US$2,650. Early bird price US$2,450. Arriving 16 nov Cairo and ending in Aswan on 27 nov
- Option F: Basic tour with private visits, no cruise US$3,935. Early bird price US$3,735. Arriving 16 nov Cairo and ending in Aswan on 27 nov
- Option G: Basic tour with private visits, with a cruise US$4,435. Early bird price US$4,235. Arriving 16 nov Cairo and ending in Aswan on 27 nov
These prices are based on two people sharing the accommodations; unfortunately, we have to charge a single supplement for solo travelers wanting private accommodation. However, if a solo traveler is willing to share with another solo traveler in the group, then there is no single supplement.
- The normal prices quoted above are not guaranteed to remain fixed. They are the prices I am offering at the moment but the Egyptian economy may cause me to increase the prices as the year progresses. However, to secure a place on any of my tours a deposit is required at the time of booking and that will guarantee no price increase for you.
- The offers is subject to T&C and availability, E and EO.
5 nights and 5 days tours in Cairo
- Abdeen Palace and Islamic Museum
- Citadel of Salah Al Din and Mosques of Sultans Hassand and Rifaii, Mohamed Ali Mosque, and Coptic Cairo
- Medieval Cairo and Gayer Anderson Houses
- Giza Plateau, Great Pyramid, Sphinx, Valley Temple in the morning.
- Private time for the group inside the Great Pyramid Grand Gallery, Kings Chamber, Queen’s Chamber and the subterranean chamber (“The Pit”)
- Antiquities Museum at Tahrir Sq after lunch
- Saqqara Complex
- Private visit to the Osiris Well
- Private visit to tomb of Wahty
- Private visit to the burial chamber from the northern entrance
- Abydos and Dendera – the absolute best temples in all of Egypt and are not included by most other tour operators.
- Private time in the Osirion and Initiation Chamber. I haven’t written on my website about the Osirion as it has been strictly off limits in the last few years. But many years ago I was able to secure access for some of my groups. I am so glad the option of private time there is now possible
- West Bank – 5 sites – full details here
- Karnak and Luxor Temple – some information here
3 days tours in Aswan
- Esna, Edfu and Kom Ombo
- Overland to Abu Simbel
If you take the option to add the four night Nile cruise to the itinerary, the schedule will be 5 nights in Cairo, 2 nights in Luxor, 4 nights on Nile Cruise, 1 night in Aswan. You will still visit all the sites listed in the itinerary, with the exception of Esna Temple, with the group.
- 12 nights accommodations
- 5 nights Cairo
- 4 nights Luxor
- 3 nights Aswan
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- All transfers
- 11 breakfasts
- Sightseeing per itinerary in air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of Egyptian Egyptologist guide throughout the trip
- Accompanied by Mara as Tour Manager throughout the trip
- All travel permits and entry fees to all the sites listed in the itinerary, including entry to the Great Pyramid itself and Sphinx viewing enclosure, which is usually not included in tours offered by others.
- Exposure to Egyptian culture and life style at all opportunities
- international flights are not included in the price, but we will endeavor to secure the cheapest flights for you once we know your nationality and what city airport you will be departing from.
- flights from Cairo to Luxor and Aswan to Cairo, which we cannot price or book until the group is complete as then we secure the cheapest price at the time.
- tipping, which is expected, and my guide on that is here, “Tipping in Egypt” .
- food and drink, unless specified.
The following extras can be added to the itinerary for an additional cost:
Extra tours in Cairo are best added at the beginning of the itinerary, but an extra tour to Alexandria is best added at the end of your trip. For the extra tour days, you would get better value for your money by combining visits to more than one site per day. If planned wisely, it is possible to get more than two sites in on any given day without stress or exhaustion.
- Manial Palace and Nileometer
- Aisha Fahmy Palace
- City of the Dead and the Tombs of the Mohamed Ali Dynasty
- Civilization Museum
- Alexandria can be an overday from Cairo, or you can choose to spend a night or more there.
I want your trip to Egypt with Mara to be among your most treasured travel memories so please let me know what your passions, interests and bucket list are for Egypt. I will endeavor to accommodate you in every way possible. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and avail of the early bird discounts.