TRIP OF A LIFETIME THROUGH EGYPT WITH MARA
11 Nights – 3 Locations: Cairo, Luxor, Aswan incl. 4 Nights Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan
14 Jan – 25 Jan 2024 (arrival in Cairo 14 Jan 2024 and departing Cairo 25 Jan 2024
WHAT WILL YOU VISIT?
CAIRO – Capital of Egypt
- Giza Plateau
- Inside the Great Pyramid of Giza
- Solar Boat (if open)
- Panorama of Giza
- Valley Temple at the Sphinx
- The Sphinx Enclosure
- Saqqara 7 step Pyramid complex
- Antiquities Museum at Tahrir Square
- Medieval Cairo:
- Bab Al Futuh (Gate of Conquests) & the Northern Walls
- Muezz St.
- Mosque of Al-Hakim
- Sabile-Kuttab of Sulayman Agha al-Silahdar
- Hanging Mosque of Sulayman Agha al-Silahdar
- Street of Coppersmiths & Antiques Area
- Bayt al-Sihaymi
- Hammam of Sultan Inal
- Mausoleum & Madrasa of Sultan Qalawun
- Mausoleum of As-Salih Nagm Al-din Ayyub
- Street of the Gold & Silversmiths
- Gayer Anderson House
- Ibn Tulun Mosque
- Khan El Khalili – biggest bazaar in the world
- Abdeen Palace
- The Islamic Museum
- Citadel of Saladin
- Muhammad Ali Mosque at the Citadel – read the story of his first love Emina Hanim
- Islamic Cairo (mosques of Sultans Hassan and Rifai)
- Coptic Cairo:
- Babylon Fortress
- Hanging Church
- Underground crypt where Jesus and his family lived when they escaped into Egypt
- Monastery & Church of St. George
- Church of St. Sergius
- Ben Ezra Synagogue
- Temples at Abydos and Dendera
- West Bank of Luxor:
- Valley of the Kings
- Hatshepsut’s Temple
- Temple of Medinet Habu
- Nobles Tombs
- Workers Village
- Colossi of Memnon
- Optional extra tombs – Sety I, Queen Nefertari, and the Tomb of Tutankhamun
- Karnak and Luxor Temples,
FROM THE CRUISE BOAT:
- Temple of Horus at Edfu,
- Temple at Kom Ombo
- Temple of Isis at Philae
- Elephantine Island
- Optional extra – Abu Simbel Temples
- Optional extra – Nubian Village upriver from Aswan.
Why Take a Group Tour with Mara?
The Mara House Group Tours are ideal:
- for anyone who would like to see Egypt but perhaps whose partner is not interested in traveling
- for solo travelers who want to save the expense of the usual single supplement
- for family groups or a few friends who would like to share a great experience together in Egypt without having to do all the researching and planning, and without having to watch the clock, check on transport/guides and keep everything on track.
- because you know what you are getting up front. You will never go a monument with us and be presented with an unexpected expense.
- Mara has lived in Egypt since 2003 and been taking tours through Egypt since 2000 and will be accompanying both tours.
- Mara’s tours are the best quality at the best price – before Egypt becomes only a vacation paradise for the rich and famous.
Even though the itinerary is a very busy one, we do ensure you have enough rest and relaxation time all through the tour. And because we have everything so well planned you will not feel like you are simply being shuttled around from place to place at a stressful speed. We don’t just pick you up at the hotel for a tour then drop you off again, we are always nearby and happy to give you all the time you want for conversation. Please check out our reviews from former group participants at the end of this page, and also regular guests to Mara House in our Guest Book to verify how much they enjoyed traveling with us.
NOTE: Due to shortage of good boats, spiraling costs and limited availability early booking is absolutely essential.
For full details please email mara – email@example.com
Most Common Questions Asked About Egypt
- Do I have to tip in Egypt and how much?
- What currency should I take to Egypt?
- What should I wear in Egypt?
- What to do if I catch Egyptian Tummy Bug?
- Is it safe to go to Egypt? 19 things not to do, 14 things to do.