BASIC TERMS & CONDITIONS for MARA HOUSE LUXOR – please ask for full T & C if I forget to send them to you before booking. If there is something that needs clarifying, please ask me.
NOTE: The online payment system is ONLY a payment system not a booking system. It allows you to check availability and accommodation/package offers. You MUST contact Mara and agree a booking BEFORE making a deposit or payment. If you make a payment prior to making booking agreement with Mara your booking may not be confirmed.
Going forward from 2020 I am changing some of our Terms and Conditions in line with the times we live in and for the peace of mind of my guests.
PAYMENT of Deposit – applies to Mara House & all associated tours, trips etc.
Bookings are not confirmed until the requested deposit per person is received. Deposit is non-refundable in ANY circumstances. If, Mara House has to cancel your booking for circumstances outside our control and, if the cancellation by Mara House has been executed without fault on your part, a cash refund is still not possible. However, credit for the deposit can be offset against a future booking. Deposit is deducted from the total cost.
PAYMENT of Balance Due
- For Mara House “accommodation only”, the balance must be paid 7 days prior to arrival – no refund if you cancel or fail to arrive.
- For Packages which include accommodation at our partner hotel in Cairo and/or our partner Cruise boat the balance must be paid no later than 4 weeks prior to arrival – no refund if you cancel or fail to arrive.
- For Mara House tours only in any part of Egypt the balance must be paid no later than 7 days prior to arrival - no refund if you cancel or fail to arrive.
- If the balance is not paid we reserve the right to cancel the booking. We have to pay other hotels, cruise boats, transfer companies in advance, therefore we have to ask you to complete payment in advance also.
- Please Note: No refund means no refund under ANY circumstances. You are advised to take out cancellation insurance (cancel for any reason) prior to any payments for any of our services.
NEW – I don’t want anyone to lose money. So, on all bookings paid for after June 2020 I will do everything I can to facilitate you, if you have to cancel for reasons outside your control such as our current world crises, cancellation of flights etc. I will honor your booking for 12 months after your cancelled arrival date. You may also gift the booking to someone or sell it on PROVIDED the third party is from a country which Mara House normally does business with, complies with all Terms & Conditions, presents the required ID etc. However, there is also a proviso that if prices in Egypt increase in that extra time period, you or, in the case of a third party, they will agree to cover the extra costs.
- If you cancel after paying the deposit, the deposit is non-refundable. There is no extra cancellation penalty at that time.
- Where the balances for packages is paid before you arrive, once it is paid if you decide to cancel neither the deposit, the balance or any portion of same are refundable under any circumstances.
- If the balance due is not paid by the due date Mara House reserves the right to cancel the booking and in this instance the deposit is also not refundable.
INSURANCE is REQUIRED
It is a condition of booking that you take out all necessary insurance – travel insurance, health insurance and especially CANCELLATION INSURANCE.
Note The “cancel for any reason” insurance is more expensive but recommended for your peace of mind.
This is covered in detail in the full T & C but basically Mara House etc, etc. is not liable for anything that happens you, associated costs etc. etc. nor any loss of money due to flight cancellation etc. etc. You must take out insurance to cover all eventualities yourself.