TOURS IN LUXOR – THE WEST BANK –
West Bank is also known as The Necropolis of Thebes. I find that most people have only 2 or 3 days to spend in Luxor so our tour from Mara House to the West Bank covers 6 sites in one day.
Leaving Mara House at 7.30am we visit:
- Valley of the Kings, viewing 3 tombs plus the option to visit the 3 special tombs if they are open – see below
- Deir El Bahri known as the Temple of Hatshepsut.
- Tombs of the Nobles – 3 tombs
- Medinet Habu Temple
- Deir El Medina also known as the Workers’ Village (which has two perfectly preserved tombs
- Colossi of Memnon, behind which a new Temple is being excavated.
We have a relaxed lunch in front of Medinet Habu Temple and are back at Mara House approx 4pm
SPECIAL TOMBS: The only “optional extra” among all these tours is the ticket to the tomb of Tut-Ankh-Amun (300 le), Sety I (1000 le) and Queen Nefertari (1580 le) in the Valley of the Kings which you can visit if they are open.