- West Bank – 5 sites – full details here
- Abydos and Dendera – the first of many of my articles on these temples is here
- Private time option – I recommend private time in the Osirion and Initiation Chamber. I haven’t written on my website about the Osirion as it has been strictly off limits in the last few years. But many years ago I was able to secure access for some of my groups. I am so glad the option of private time there is now possible
- Karnak and Luxor Temple – some information here
- 3 nights and 3 breakfasts at Mara House Luxor
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quotation, and feel free to ask any questions about the above. If you have more days to spend in Egypt, then consider adding on our two days in Cairo offer and/or our 3 days in Aswan offer to the 3 days at Mara House Luxor. I will be happy to advise on the best logistics for such a combination. To enable me to do so, email me your arrival time and departure time if you are arriving in or departing from Cairo. Also, to give a correct quotation, I need to know the number of people travelling with you and the ages of any children.
Private time options are expensive, but if you email me several weeks or months in advance of your proposed dates in Egypt, I may be able to include you with other guests who also want the luxury of private time and would like to defray the extra cost as much as possible.
Who are Mara’s Guests?
At Mara House, the vast majority of our guests, a staggering 99%, lead hectic lives back home, often including parents with young children. For many, it is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that they want to experience with their children. Their ultimate goal is to create precious memories with their loved ones while enjoying quality family time. Having taken a break from their bustling routines, they also seek maximum relaxation, and they know from word-of-mouth recommendations from former guests that they can safely hand over the organization of their holiday to me. Through the 20 years that I have been doing this, I’ve honed a perfect formula that fulfills all their holiday wishes.
Holidays are a time for creating cherished memories with loved ones, romance, unwinding, discovering the most interesting places, connecting with fascinating people, experiencing diverse cultures, expanding your horizons, escaping the daily grind, and deepening your understanding of the foreign places you’ve longed to explore. It’s a celebration of life’s moments and milestones! So, make it the best you can with my perfect formula.
PERFECT FORMULA for Luxor: 3 nights Mara House + visit the main sites
Mara House is eminently suited to travelers who want to be well taken care of and who would like to feel that once they come inside the front door, they can relax as if at home, except with the added bonus of someone to cook their meals, do their laundry, and tell them what they are doing next. Many have said they really enjoy not having to keep a constant eye on their phone or laptop to be ready for what is next on their schedule, or have to bother with organizing taxis, haggle over money, or worry about finding their way around. They like giving their brains a rest from constant decision-making—a real holiday from life.
Although I make it clear in my correspondence with all prospective guests that we offer a unique accommodation experience at Mara House, many only truly grasp this fact upon arrival, often expressing astonishment and delight as they step into their spacious apartment-sized suite. Your accommodation at Mara House isn’t your typical one-room hotel setup; it’s a suite designed for your comfort and enjoyment. Explore our suites here..
3 days package that allows you a Unique Dining Experience
Many of our guests choose to partake in our renowned SALAHADEEN FEAST, an experience that propelled us to the top spot on TripAdvisor when we shared it with the public. Please note that this feast is now exclusively available for in-house guests. For those who decide to savor the royal feast on multiple occasions, we change the dishes served to provide an expanded experience of Egyptian traditional food. Children especially love being able to taste everything and choose their own food.
Why do I need three nights in Luxor?
The sites in Luxor require minimum two and a half days, so staying three nights is the best way to experience Luxor
For the optimum experience, you could organize your travel as follows:
- Arrive in Luxor by plane from Cairo. Tip: The overnight train is not the best for a good night’s sleep, and if you don’t get sleep, you won’t have energy to cope with the next day’s activities.
- For a more relaxing experience at Mara House, it’s recommended to arrive either in the evening or before noon (12:00 PM). Then you’ll be well rested in the morning and ready to get the best out of your day. Alternatively, if you arrive in the morning before midday, you can check in, relax, perhaps have a bite to eat, and we will take you to Karnak and Luxor Temples after lunch.
- If you’re pressed for time and don’t mind an early start, consider booking a flight that arrives in Luxor before 7 a.m., allowing you to begin your day of sightseeing promptly.
More time in Luxor? We can also help with:
- a visit to Luxor Museum in the evening
- Sound and Light Show at Karnak Temple at night.
- Felucca Sail on the Nile – with or without the picnic
Related Posts: Luxor Sites
- Return of the Djedi?